- BELLA: Belgian cluster on lake research in the framework of global climate change
Research project in the framework of the 'Second Multiannual Scientific Support Plan for a Sustainable Development Policy ' SPSD II ' Part 3: Supporting Actions' of the Belgian Federal Science Policy.
• to create a Belgian network of expertise in limnology, limnogeology and paleolimnology, based on projects funded by the Belgian Science Policy
• to enhance the cooperation and communication between research teams involved with lacustrine paleo-climate/environmental studies and working on lakes in the Southern Hemisphere, from Antarctica over mid-latitude South America to equatorial Africa,
• to provide more visibility to lake research conducted in Belgium and
• to identify uncertainties and research priorities within the context of national and international research agendas.
The expected results and products are:
• A joint website as a forum for scientists and for lay men/the public at large
• Workshop proceedings (e.g., large/Southern hemisphere lakes), reports and extended abstracts
• Joint publications
• Movies (ENSO-CHILE, CLIMLAKE) and exhibitions (L. Tanganyika, Antarctica).
• Improved methodology of (paleo-)proxies (e.g., for reconstructing and assessing primary productivity)
• A Belgian consolidated expertise network
• Reinforcement of multidisciplinary perspectives of each network partner
Ecology of aquatic communities, OA15, SPSD II, PODO II, PADD II
created:2011-12-14 14:18:59 UTC, source:web
© 2012 by the Belgian Biodiversity Platform